Tavish Sutton

Tavish Sutton’s Disappearance

On March 6th, 1993, Tavish Sutton was admitted to the Hughes Spalding pediatric ward at Grady Memorial Hospital on Butler Street in Atlanta, Georgia. He was under DCS’s care at the time.

Over the weekend, he had minor surgery, and on the morning of March 9, he was resting comfortably in a semi-private room in the ward. His bedfellows for the night were an infant, along with the mother and older sibling of said infant. The mother and sister of Tavish’s roommate were sleeping on the couch when the nurse came in at 6:45 a.m. to check on them. Fifteen minutes later, when the nurse returned to the room, Tavish was nowhere to be found.

The police conducted a complete investigation into Tavish’s roommate’s family, including a search of their home and interviews with every member of the family. They were never considered legitimate suspects in his investigation. Since Tavish’s mother was receiving treatment for schizophrenia at the time of his disappearance, neither she nor any other family members were suspected of abducting him. Even Tavish’s biological parents didn’t know he was in the hospital when he was taken from there.

At least two people should be considered suspects in Tavish’s disappearance. At around 8:30 p.m. on the night before Tavish went missing, a “agitated” guy sought to enter the hospital’s paediatric ward. This individual had no business being in the children’s ward after 8:30 p.m. and was not in possession of a valid visitor’s pass, which is required for entry. The individual in question was described as being tall and slender while donning a baseball cap. Before anyone could call for help, he was already vanished.

The second suspect was a female, 25 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 160 pounds, medium brown skin tone, prominent cheekbones, and almond shaped eyes. She had a giant bow in the back of her hair and wore black leggings, a long black coat, and large earrings. A baby with curly hair was nestled in her arms. The man noticed the woman outside of the hospital because of her beauty. There was a second eyewitness who also observed the same woman in the medical facility.

This case overview includes sketches of two women sought in connection with Tavish’s disappearance.

After taking possession of Tavish when he was just a few weeks old, the DCS terminated the mother’s parental rights to her three other children and was in the process of doing the same with Tavish when he vanished. In March 1995, his mother filed a lawsuit against the hospital for the kidnapping of her son, and they eventually settled the case out of court for $600,000.

Authorities believe a lady who pretended to be pregnant took Tavish so she could raise the boy as her own. They estimated that her distance from the clinic ranged from four to twenty-four miles. No supporting evidence for any explanation has been found, and Tavish’s case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency

  • Atlanta Police Department 404-853-3400
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation 202-324-3000

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *