Mykell Richardson

A three-year-old boy who had gone missing was tragically discovered dead in a body of water near his home, police said tonight.

Mykell Richardson went missing on Sunday, prompting an extensive police search.

The child was last seen between 3.30 and 4.30 p.m. yesterday and was discovered shortly before 3 p.m. today.

The infant was discovered in water not far from his home in Elkton, Cecil County, Maryland, officials with the Cecil County Sheriff’s Office said tonight.

We’ll bring you the most recent updates, photos, and video on this breaking news story.

Elkton Police said the child was last seen in the Quail Court neighborhood of Elk Landing.

“The Elkton Police Department is saddened to report this afternoon around 3pm, members of the Maryland State Police Dive Team located 3 year old Mykell Richardson deceased in the waterway near his home,” police said in a statement.

“During this difficult time, our agency wishes to express our heartfelt condolences to the family.”

“As this investigation moves forward, we would like to thank the following agencies for their resources and assistance over the last 24 hours.”

Mykell had been seen wearing a green long-sleeved shirt and pull-ups the night before.

In similar tragic news, police in Massachusetts have discovered a child’s body in the search for a missing four-year-old boy who went missing while playing in a park with his grandfather and sister.

Police discovered the body of missing Boston four-year-old Mohamed Fofana on Spectacle Island.

The toddler’s body was discovered around 12.30 p.m. on Monday, according to Massachusetts State Police.

The boy, who was nonverbal and had autism, was playing in a park on Castle Island with his older sister and grandfather around 7 p.m. on Sunday near the water when he vanished.

After being unable to locate his grandson, his grandfather called 911 and reported him missing.

His body was discovered on Spectacle Island, directly across the water from Castle Island.

“Troopers from the MSP Special Emergency Response Team and State Police Detective Unit for Suffolk County were ferried to the island by the Marine Unit, and they have confirmed the body to be Mohamed,” Massachusetts State Police spokesman Dave Procopio said in a statement on Monday afternoon.

“State Police Crime Scene Services also responded to document the recovery site.”

“Mohamed will be brought ashore and transferred to the custody of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *