On the evening of September 23, Kristopher Henderson and the infant’s mother transported the baby to a nearby hospital. Medical staff reportedly deemed it necessary to transfer the infant to a facility in Rochester for additional medical attention due to the severity of the injuries sustained.

According to medical reports, the infant suffered from multiple broken ribs, bleeding in the head, and shattered legs. The mother, Shelby Goodrich, reportedly informed detectives during an interview that her daughter, Adaline, was perfectly fine when she left for work that day. Goodrich claimed that after feeding the baby in the morning, she put her back to sleep before leaving for work.

Reportedly, Henderson texted Goodrich around 5 p.m. to inform her that the family’s 19-pound cat had been found “lying on” the infant. However, Goodrich claimed that she had worked until around 6 p.m., and Henderson did not ask her to come home and check on the baby.

As the investigation continues, authorities have yet to release any further details about the incident. It remains unclear if Henderson will face any criminal charges in connection with the infant’s injuries.

The mother reportedly told authorities that when she returned home, her daughter’s eyes appeared to be “bulging out” of her cranium. After debating the child’s condition over the phone with her mother, the mother claimed she made the decision to transport the child to the emergency room. They arrived at the hospital at approximately 7:00.

The investigators then interrogated Henderson. According to court documents, the man initially told authorities that he did not know how his daughter was injured, but later admitted that the cat was responsible.

The physicians who treated the infant reportedly informed police that the infant’s injuries were consistent with “non-accidental trauma” and could not have been caused by a cat.

Southern Minnesota News reports that as investigators continued to press Henderson for information, he eventually admitted to having been “a little rough” with the infant while changing her diaper.

According to prosecution documents, hospital staff told police that the infant exhibited “little to no brain activity” after six days of treatment and that her chance of recovery was “poor.”

Henderson reportedly acknowledged in a second interview with police on October 1 that he had “cradled the girl face down in his arms and struck her back more forcefully than usual” on the day his daughter was hospitalised. Henderson allegedly estimated that the assault lasted five minutes and admitted breaking the girl’s ribs by striking her so forcefully.

After that, in the district court of Blue Earth County, the prosecution charged Henderson with first-degree assault.

The infant was purportedly pronounced dead at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester on November 3, according to the Mankato Department of Public Safety.

Goodrich recalled in a eulogy for her late daughter that she was always a very joyful infant. When she first learned to smile, she was rarely irritable unless she required a bottle, diaper change, or some holding.

The prosecution charged Henderson with one count each of first-degree manslaughter and second-degree homicide while engaging in malicious child abuse.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *