Jody Plauche

What would you do if a teacher your child trusts took your child and abused them? Will you do something about it yourself, or will you let the law handle it?
Well, this is what did happen in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 1984. Gary Plauche was a dad from Louisiana whose son, Jody Plauche, went to Japan to learn karate.

Jody Plauche Was Just 10

Jeff Doucet, who was 25 years old, taught Jody karate. Jody was 10 years old. Not much is known about Doucet’s past, but he had been abused as a child.
Doucet spent most of his time with kids as a karate teacher in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Most of the parents of the kids he taught had full trust in him. Still, no one knew that he was hurting children.
It started when he taught his students how to do karate, and he quickly became interested in the young Jody. Doucet would touch him in a weird way when he was teaching him karate, but the boy didn’t know that his teacher was doing it on purpose.
Doucet kidnapped Jody in February 1984 and took him to a California motel, where he sexually abused and molested him. Police looked everywhere for Jody, but they didn’t find him until Doucet let the boy call his mother from the motel. The police in California went to the motel and caught Doucet.
Doucet was flown back from California to Baton Rouge on March 16, 1984, so she could stand trial. Doucet got to the airport around 9:30 p.m., and police officers put handcuffs on her and walked her through the airport.

Data From Local TV

Gary Plauche found out from a local TV worker that Doucet would be brought to Baton Rouge to stand trial, and he also found out when this would happen. As Doucet was being led through the airport, he passed news crews who were filming the scene. Then he walked past Plauché, who pulled out his gun and fired one shot right into the right side of Doucet’s head.
Doucet fell to the ground right away. He was bleeding from a cut near his right ear. As the video below shows, Plauché put down the phone receiver before the police held him down and took the gun out of his other hand. He then helped Doucet.

When the police grabbed Plauché, they knew right away who he was. They held him against the bank of phones and asked him, “Gary, why?” This was caught on camera. Why, Gary?.”
This event is talked about all over Louisiana and the rest of the United States. A lot of people agreed that the victim did what he did because he was shot. When asked by a local TV station, an airport bartender said, “If he did what they say he did to my boys, I would have shot him too. He’s not a killer.” He did it because he loves his child and is proud of himself.


Gary Plauché was first charged with second-degree murder, but he made a deal to plead guilty to manslaughter instead. He was given a suspended sentence of seven years in prison, five years of probation, and 300 hours of community service, all of which he finished in 1989.
Plauché had a stroke and died in 2014, when he was 68 years old.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *