Ellen Greenberg

Background of Ellen Greenberg

Ellen was born in New York City on June 23, 1983. Ellen Greenberg is the daughter of Joshua and Sandra Greenberg, both of whom work in the dental field. Ellen is described by Joshua as a  girl who is very energetic. Ellen is known for being exceptionally kind and nurturing. Ellen went into teaching because of her nurturing qualities, and several of her students idolized her.

Ellen met a man named Sam who worked in the television industry. Sam worked as an NBC producer. After three years of dating, the couple decided to get married. Ellen was content with her current situation. They planned to get married in August of 2011. They were overjoyed, according to Ellen’s father. She had eventually met a man she adored. He approved of the engagement and devised a plan to assist with the marriage.

Ellen Greenberg

Ellen Was On The Way

Ellen was driving to work on January 26th, 2011 when she called her mother on her cell phone. It was an ordinary conversation. They talked about taxes and the snow that was falling in Pennsylvania. As the snow continued to fall, the school was forced to close early. Ellen assisted all of her students in contacting their families and ensuring that everyone had a ride home.

After all of her students were taken off, she went and got some gas and went home. When she got home, the couple hung out for a little while, and then Sam took off to go work out.

The Crime Scene

When Sam arrived, he noticed their door was closed. It was unusual for her to come home and shut the door. The door was not normally locked; instead, it was closed with a swing lock. They only did it at night and never during the day. Sam texts her to say he is home and waiting at the door.

He also expresses his frustration at being unable to open the door. When Sam received no response, he became concerned and went to security to beg them to open the door. The security guard informed Sam that he could not unlock the door for him because it was against company policy, so Sam decided to break in and have the security guard supervise the process.

He Saw Her

He was shocked when Sam tore down the door. Ellen was found by Sam on the floor of their living room. Sam could tell she was dead the moment he saw her. Sam found a clean white towel in Ellen’s hands as she lay dead, leaning against the cabinet. Sam dialled 911 right away, and the dispatcher told him to start performing chest compressions right away. The dispatcher told Sam to stop performing CPR after he realized she had a knife stuck in her body. EMTs arrived at the scene but were unable to save the woman. Ellen was declared dead at 6:40 pm.

The police decided to approach the situation as a suicide right away. The police found recently cut fruit at the event. Freshly washed blueberries were in a strainer.
No evidence of a break-in or forced entry was found. Ellen also lacked any wounds from self-defense.
There was no sign of blood outside of the kitchen area, and Ellen’s body bore no signs that she had struggled to fend anyone off. Only the handle of the knife that was found in Ellen contained Ellen’s DNA. They searched the snow for footprints because it was so snowy that day, but none were discovered.

After Death

The medical examiner announced the autopsy procedure the day after her death. Eight stab wounds, varying in depth, were found on her chest by the medical examiner. The depth of some of the stab wounds ranged from.2 centimeters to 4 inches. In addition, Ellen had a two-inch hole in her scalp and a two-and-a-half-inch wound to her stomach.

Ellen had eleven bruises on her right arm, abdomen, and right leg in addition to ten stab wounds to the back of her neck. Some of these grazes appeared to be more recent, while others appeared to be older. The medical examiner declared the case to be a homicide at the conclusion of the autopsy.

No one from the police station or the medical examiner’s office reached Ellen’s family about the alteration in the case. The family found out about the change on the news.

A homicide:

The Philadelphia homicide unit made the decision to intervene and look into the case after it was determined that it involved a murder. Sam’s key fob activity was tracked by the homicide unit, who also took a quick look at the complex’s logs. The homicide unit was also qualified to observe that no unauthorized visitors entered the complex. Sam was removed from the list of suspects after his alibi was verified.

A few days later on, January 29th of 2011, the police declared that even though the medical examiner ruled the case as a homicide, they were still looking at the circumstance as a suicide.

As the investigation went on, the detectives discovered that Ellen’s mental state had likely deteriorated over the previous two months of her life. People reported that Ellen seemed tense and concerned about everything. Ellen claimed that it was her job when people questioned her about her emotions. Some of her school’s teachers were brought in by the police, who interrogated them. The teachers reported to the questioners that Ellen seemed stressed out about her job but did not seem any more stressed out than other teachers.

Ellen’s parents told that Ellen had called them and notified them she wanted to resign from her job. Ellen also asked if she could move back into their home in Harrisburg. Ellen’s parents inquired her if there was anything else causing her to think this way, and she said to her parents that she was just stressed out. Her parents guessed it was very unusual for her to behave like this due to her marriage being a few months away.


Ellen went to the psychiatrist because her parents had requested that she do so. Ellen saw her psychiatrist three times, and it seemed to have improved her mood and mental stability. Ellen’s psychiatrist claims that she is not suicidal in his or her comments. Ellen was identified as having tension and an adjustment disorder. Multiple medications that list suicidal thoughts and tendencies among their list of side effects were prescribed for Ellen.

According to toxicology reports, Ellen only had two of the four medications prescribed to her in her system at the time of her death. There were no illegal substances or prescription medications found. One of the antidepressants, Zoloft, has been cited as the likely cause of her passing. Suicidal thoughts and tendencies are to blame for this.

After looking through her phone, they did not discover any indications of suicidal searches or texts.

The argument

Due to the lack of evidence of a forced entry, the police were treating this as a suicide. Others claim that since she had stab wounds on the back of her neck, this could not have been suicide. It’s incredibly difficult to stab oneself in the neck, especially the back. According to research, 1% to 3% of suicide attempts involve stabbings. The fact that Ellen repeatedly stabbed herself is another issue that has generated debate.


In order to determine whether the stab wounds on the back of her neck broke her spinal cord, the police made the decision to consult a neuropathologist. If Ellen’s spinal cord was broken, she would have been rendered paralysed before the fatal stabbing could have occurred. The spinal cord was hit, but the neuropathologist told the police that it was only damaged and not broken.

The neuropathologist predicts this made Ellen go numb and could make the impression of Ellen stabbing herself in other areas more reasonable. This would enable Ellen to repeatedly stab herself without feeling any pain. If true, Ellen must have stabbed herself more than 20 times, which is unthinkable.

Medical examiners decided to overturn the case back to suicide after this discovery.

Forensic Pathologist

Ellen’s family made the decision to purchase all photos and documents from the government and send them to a forensic pathologist after the medical examiner reopened the case as a suicide. Cyril West is the title of the forensic pathologist. He is renowned for challenging the idea that JFK was shot with a single bullet. He was astounded to learn that Ellen had sustained so many stab wounds when he read the report. Cyril scanned every surface. Cyril expressed his disbelief that the police had determined this to be a suicide.

The family was eager to begin investigating the case. Forensic pathologists and attorneys were hired to approach the police about reopening the case. The discussion had no results. The family and the forensic pathologist were incensed by the police’s refusal to grant them access to the records. The family went and made a request for public records. The file information was eventually made available to the family. However, the family was not permitted to take notes or record anything that was shown to them.

Tom Brennen, a retired police officer with extensive experience, offered to handle the Ellen Greenberg case without government funding. When someone does not have any defense wounds, it is not a done deal, he said after looking through the files. It does not necessarily imply suicide. A similar case was previously familiar to the veteran. The veteran explained that a blitz attack is what is known as a homicide in this case. This is when the killer sneaks up on the victim and suddenly assaults her; the victim hardly has time to react.

Guy De Andrea, a homicide prosecutor, pleaded for access to the complete case file. He discovered that there was no neuropathology report when he opened the file. When he inquired about its location with the local police department and the medical examiner, they both responded that it was either missing or nonexistent. They also learned that there wasn’t even a neuropathologist on staff at the time at the medical examiner.

Tom Brennen learned that the coroner kept a section of Ellen’s spinal cord in their office. Tom made contact with a forensic pathologist to examine Ellen Greenberg’s spinal cord. Unlike the first purported pathologist, the forensic pathologist came to an unusual conclusion. The forensic pathologist came to the conclusion that one of the stab wounds broke Ellen’s cranial nerves and brain when it entered her skull. As a result, Ellen would have suffered excruciating pain, been severely impaired, or lost consciousness. A forensic pathologist made the same assumption that there were signs of strangulation.

Trials of Case

Henry Lee joined the group as people were being enlisted. In the murder trial involving O.J. Simpson, Henry Lee has been seen. He examined Ellen’s case and concluded that the quantity, variety, and pattern of wounds were inconsistent with suicide and were consistent with a homicide. This raises a query for us. If it was a homicide, how did the door lock from the inside?

Tom pointed out that there are numerous YouTube videos showing how to use the swing lock from the outside. Another study found that, unlike Ellen’s, the majority of suicides involving stab wounds occur below the clothes. The police had told the public that Ellen’s cell phone and computer were neat of any red flags. Other experts told that the searches ‘quick suicide’, ‘painless suicide’ and ‘suicide methods’ were discovered on her laptop.

The pathologist and the Philadelphia medical examiner’s office were the targets of a civil lawsuit the family brought in 2019. They hoped to convince the coroners’ office to change the verdict from undetermined to homicide. The lawyers and other members of their team continue to accept the impossibility of the situation. There have been other results. They discovered that the wounds were caused by two distinct knives. One is smooth, the other is serrated. Only one knife, which was the one she had inside her at the time, was found.


Sam never participated in any interviews. He stays hidden from the public. Additional Sam-related evidence, such as Sam’s actions at the scene, was published in 2020. Sam claimed that the security guard was with him when he was kicking down the door. The security guard, Phil, claimed that he was never with Sam. Sam was not wearing sneakers on that particular day, Phil also told the police. Boots were on his feet.

This makes no sense because he was seemingly coming from the gym. Sam had also called two other numbers before calling 9–1–1. He called his parents and his uncle, which was a lawyer. Both his parents and his uncle were on their way to the spectacle before 9–1–1 was even called. The dispatch officer also told that during the call, Sam was calm. The dispatch also reported that when Sam was inquired to perform CPR, he inquired, ‘do I have to?’ Sam knew there was a knife inside Ellen’s chest. Sam tells the dispatch that she possibly fell on it.

There was little to no blood at the crime scene, according to another discovery. This raises the question of whether or not the spectacle had been cleaned. No luminol test was performed.
The public was recently informed that the door had not been kicked down. The door had very few if any flaws. The lock was the only thing that had been damaged, and one of the screws was skipping. Never again was this screw seen. The following day, Sam’s family returned to the crime scene to retrieve Sam’s equipment as well as Ellen’s laptop and cellphone.

You Might Like This one

Marianne Bachmaier did that. In 1981, she shot the murderer of her daughter Anna Bachmeier, Klaus Grabowski, in vigilante justice in a hall of the Lübeck Regional Court.

If You Want To Read Here Story, click here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *