Angie Barlow

It was October 26th, 2016. A Wednesday. Angie Barlow, who was 23 at the time, had plans for that night. She was supposed to dance at a party in Indianapolis, United States, on the 7000 block of Harcourt at the Landmark Apartments & Townhomes. Angie was a dancer who worked at local bars and sometimes did private dances. This one was different, though. She got a text message from an unknown number asking her to: “Hi, do you do private parties?”

Angie thought the text message was from a woman, but the woman never said her name. Angie only knew that the dance was a surprise for the woman’s husband on their anniversary and that she should wear a black or red bra and matching pants. She also got the address and the code for the gate of the apartment complex.

Angie Barlow
Angie Barlow

Angie needed the money because she had spent a lot of money having a great time on vacation in Miami. That’s why she agreed to do it. Angie shared a house with her friend Mona, and they both needed a little extra money to pay the rent.

Angie wasn’t afraid to do things by herself. She was very independent and made the most of every chance that came her way. She sent Mona a text message just before she left for the private party that night: “Doing a private party at this address just in case I go missing lol.”

She put a screen shot of the address of the party in the email. Angie drove to the party and posted a Snapchat at 11:45 that night. She looked like she was at the party and was happy. She was smiling.

No one could reach Angie the next day. Her family and friends tried to text and call her, but she didn’t answer. Angie’s mother, Christina Kramer, went to her daughter’s apartment. It was clear that she hadn’t spent the night there, and her beloved little Yorkie Pablo was left without food or water, which was very unlike Angie. That made people very worried, and Angie was listed as missing.

Angie Barlow

Angie told Mona that she had been dancing at an apartment the night before. She tried the gate code that Angie had given her through the screenshot to get into the apartment building, but it didn’t work. Mona went to her apartment by climbing over the gate. Not a single person was there.

Police asked the apartment complex for surveillance footage and got a copy of it. On October 27, at 3:29 a.m., Angie’s blue Pontiac G6 was seen leaving the apartment complex on surveillance video. Behind Angie’s car, a second car, a black one, can be seen leaving the complex.

Angie Barlow
A still shot from the surveillance footage

The video was blurry, so it was hard to tell who was driving either car. However, police were able to figure out the licence plate of the second car. The car was in Raven Miller’s name.

Police found out that Raven Miller and her boyfriend Baron McCullough were in charge of the party that night. Both were known to Angie. She knew them from dancing with them at local bars, and she even dated Baron for a short time. But things weren’t good between them, and Angie’s friends and family think that she wouldn’t have gone to the party if she knew who was throwing it. Police think that when Angie knocked on the door that night, they may have had someone else answer it so that she didn’t know they were there.

Angie Barlow
Raven and Baron

Both Raven and Baron were questioned by the police. They said that after Angie left, they were still in the apartment. They said she was there that night, but she left with someone else. Police didn’t know why, but they thought they couldn’t hold them any longer because there was no direct evidence linking them to Angie’s disappearance. Because of this, they didn’t ask them any more questions.

They both left Indianapolis soon after that and moved to Phoenix, Arizona.

As soon as Angie’s family and friends found out she was missing, they started looking for her all over Indianapolis. As soon as Mona called Christina and Stephen Kramer, Angie’s parents, they left Muncie and drove the sixty miles to Angie’s house. They set up a group to look for him and put up missing posters everywhere. Her parents posted a $5,000 reward on digital billboards all over Indianapolis.

Angie hadn’t been seen for 12 days when her car was found. It was left behind about eight miles from her apartment on the east side of Indianapolis, where she was last seen. The car was badly damaged. The outside of the car was dirty, and the window was cracked. But Angie was nowhere to be seen. A liquid found in the car was used to take DNA samples.

In Muncie, Indiana, Angie’s hometown, something strange happened in the months after Angie went missing. Sharon Barlow, Angie’s grandmother, had about $8,000 taken out of her bank account. Police wondered if the fraud had anything to do with Angie going missing. Police arrested four people in connection with this case, but at the time, they didn’t find any evidence that this case had anything to do with Angie’s disappearance.

Four weeks later, an anonymous tip came to the police. They were told that Angie was dead, and they were told where her body was. The police went to the given address. A man lived there, but he had just moved in, and police didn’t think he had anything to do with the crime. Before he moved in, the house had been empty for a long time. One of Baron’s relatives used to rent it. Less than ten miles separated it from where Angie went missing.

In the back yard, the police found bones in a shallow grave. Because Angie’s body had broken down, her tattoos were the only way to find out who she was.

Since Angie’s body parts were found, the case hasn’t moved forward much. Her mother needs answers badly. She wants to know the answers to many of the following:

“The main thing I want to know: Why? “That’s just something we can’t wrap our heads around, you know,” she said. “Why did our daughter have to die? Was it jealousy? Was it, was she set up to be robbed? Was she set up to be sold?”

Police think that Angie might have been killed at her apartment that night, and that her body might have been taken away in her own car. They haven’t said what killed the person. In this case, it’s likely that more than one person knows what happened, and it’s time for them to talk about it. The least Angie’s family and friends should get is answers to all their questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *