Alexis Sharkey

Alexis Sharkey who killed her?

A sanitation worker discovered a body on the side of the road on the 1000 block of Red Haw Lane in Houston, Texas, United States on November 28, 2020.

According to John Richardson, a solid waste supervisor, one of his garbage truck drivers called him that Saturday morning and said he thought he saw a body or a mannequin. He continued on his way, and John and a coworker went to investigate. The body was later identified as twenty six year old Alexis Sharkey.  She was discovered naked on the side of the road, with no obvious or visible signs of injury.

She had no identification on her. The possibility that she overdosed was investigated, and a toxicology report was ordered. The results of the autopsy would determine the course of the investigation.

Alexis shared an apartment with her 49-year-old husband, Tom Sharkey, just a few miles from where her body was discovered. She spent the morning of Thanksgiving with him before going to a friend’s house for dinner later that night. She had planned to meet up with her friends again on Friday night, but she did not appear. Her text messages to her friends ceased at 6 p.m. on November 27th. When police arrived at her apartment, they discovered her car parked outside.

Alexis Sharkey and Tom Sharkey at Hallloween
Alexis Sharkey and Tom Sharkey at Hallloween

Alexis’ mother, Stacey Robinault, told multiple media outlets after her body was discovered that she believed her daughter was murdered:

“I do. I think she was murdered. Based on what I’ve learned and a mother’s intuition. As a mother, I learned early on to trust my instincts. It has not disappointed me.”

Stacey last communicated with her daughter just before Thanksgiving. Alexis was making plans to spend Christmas with her family in Pennsylvania, where Stacey still lived. Alexis spent her childhood in Pennsylvania with her two sisters. Her initial intention was to attend medical school, but after graduating from college with a biology degree, she decided to take a year off. Her plans were altered as a result of her year away.

She relocated to West Texas, where she met Tom. They married in January 2020, and she went on to become a full-time social media influencer. She sold products for Monat, a multi-level marketing company that sells skin care, hair care, and hygiene products. Her friends and family said she was content with her job and was always on the phone working. But, according to three of her friends, Lauren Breaux, Ally Cale, and Courtney Ehninger, Alexis’ personal life was not going well, and she had expressed concerns about her own safety in the weeks leading up to her death.
Lauren stated to ABC 13:

“I’ll be honest: she told me she was worried about her safety when we went to Marfa, Texas, almost a month ago. She burst out laughing as we sat down for dinner. We returned to our hotel room, and she confided in me that night. ‘She’s terrified,’ I thought as I looked at her. This young lady is terrified for her life.”

Alexis’s friends did not provide any additional information about their conversation because they did not want to interfere with the ongoing police investigation.

Alexis was a private person who kept many of her personal details to herself. According to friends, Alexis and Tom were having marital problems and were about to file for divorce. Tom was accused of being controlling, manipulative, and physically abusive to Alexis. Alexis and Tom were also said to have argued in their apartment just before she went missing. According to the Daily Mail, Stacey stated that her daughter argued with Tom before leaving the house without her car.

But Tom was not convinced. He claimed that just before she vanished, he urged her not to leave the house because she was inebriated. He stated that there was no disagreement. He also denied that they were having problems, writing on Facebook:

“You all should be ashamed of yourselves! I have been assisting the deputies and making phone calls to find out what
happened to my wife. Next time, stop and think! And realize! You don’t know it all!”

Alexis, according to Tom, was unhappy and stressed, and he stated that he had been the one caring for her.
The cause of death was strangulation, according to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, two months after Alexis was discovered by the side of the road. The cause of death was determined to be homicide.

Stacey wanted to bring Alexis home for a funeral in her hometown of Pennsylvania because Alexis had only been in Houston for a little over a year and it didn’t feel like home. But she needed Tom’s approval as the next of kin. Stacey claimed he stopped cooperating because:

“It just was a very strange. I’d almost call it, a fight to get her.”

After two weeks of no cooperation from Tom, the Medical Examiner granted Stacey next of kin custody. Stacey was given custody of Alexis’s body, and she held a private viewing in Houston before bringing her daughter back home to be buried in Pennsylvania.

Police have not made any arrests and the case is under investigation.

Alexis Sharkey
Alexis Sharkey

Anyone with information on Alexis’s death is asked to call the Houston Police Department Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *