Gregory Green

In 1991, Gregory Green killed his wife and their unborn child by stabbing her in the face and chest. Then he called 911 and waited for the police to come.

After about 16 years in prison for murder, Green was released on parole with the help of family and friends, including a pastor who fought for him and whose daughter Green would marry.

Fred Harris, a pastor in Detroit, wrote to the Michigan parole board in August 2005, “Gregory and I were friends before he made a mistake and went to jail.” “He attended our church… I think he has paid as much as he can for not being able to control himself and for the damage he has caused. He is sorry.”

Harris wrote again a year later, “If he were to be freed, we would welcome him into our church family, and we would do whatever we could to help him adjust.”

Green got out of prison in 2008, and he later got married to Faith Harris. They had two girls, Koi, who was 5 and Kaliegh, who was 4.

Then came a shocking slaughter.

He killed his wife — and posted to her Facebook to convince family she was still alive, police say

Faith Harris-Green woke up on September 21, 2016, to find that she was tied with duct tape and zip ties in the basement of their home in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, just outside of Detroit. Prosecutors say that her foot had been shot and that her face had been cut with a box cutter.

Her two teenage children, who were stepchildren of Gregory Green, were with her when she was shot. She had seen them pass away. Two of her younger children were found dead upstairs. Carbon monoxide had killed them.

Harris-husband Green’s was the killer. He was the same person whose freedom her father fought for more than a decade ago.

Authorities say that Green called 911 and waited for police to come, just like he did when he killed his first wife. He told police that he had just shot his family while they were inside the house.

Green is once again in jail. He got what amounts to a life sentence last week. The prosecutor’s office says that he will be 97 years old when he can be released from prison.

During the sentencing hearing, Harris-Green spoke to the man who killed her children, possibly for the last time. She wore a white turtleneck. “You are a con artist. You are a monster. You are a devil in disguise. She stood behind a podium in a Wayne County courtroom and said, “You are now out in the open for good.” Her ex-husband sat calmly a few feet away, with his back to her. He was wearing a dark green jail uniform.

Harris-Green said that there will never be enough punishment for the deaths of her children. She said, “Not even torture or death would be fair.” “You will get what you deserve when you spend all of eternity in Hell for killing four innocent children because you were afraid.”

A spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office said Harris-Green has asked to not be contacted by the media. She was granted a divorce in December, according to media reports.

It’s not clear what made Green kill his family or why he admitted to it right away. The Detroit News said that he was found to be mentally fit. When he admitted to the charges last month, Green cried as he talked about what he’d done.

According to the Detroit News, he said in court, “Unfortunately, I killed Kaleigh, Koi, Chadney, and Kara.” “I killed my former wife. I forgot my two daughters in the car… Chadney and Kara… I fired at them.”

Carbon monoxide filled the car while the two kids were inside. The police found duct tape on the car’s silencer. The prosecutor’s office says that it had a plastic tube on it. After that, the bodies were moved into the house.

Green also spoke last week when he was getting his sentence. In his short statement, he said he was sorry, but he didn’t say why the violent deaths had happened. “I’m sorry that this has hurt everyone so much, and I pray that God will help them and me,” he said in court.

A spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections, Chris Gautz, said that Green was turned down for parole four times, twice in 2004 and twice in 2006. He was finally let out of prison in 2008. Gautz said that Green would have been freed in 2012 if he hadn’t been given parole.

His prison record didn’t show much violence, and there was no sign that he would go on to commit even worse crimes after he got out. While he was in jail, his record looked clean, if not perfect. Records show that he followed the rules and stayed out of trouble, even though he couldn’t explain the outburst that put him in jail.

“Excellent, good block reports, and a good work history,” says his report on his ability to get out of jail on parole.

“He is kind to the staff and to other inmates. “No small infractions to report,” says another.

Green only did something wrong once while he was in jail. Gautz said that in 2002, he was given a ticket for getting into a fight over a TV.

Gautz said that by the time Green got out of prison in 2008, he had finished all of the educational programmes he had been taking there. He also had work plans for when he got out.

At a news conference in September, the mayor of Dearborn Heights, Dan Paletko, said that there was no way to explain Green’s murderous anger.

“It’s just hard to figure out what was going on. Paletko told reporters, “I just don’t know what happened in this family.” “I can’t make sense of this whole thing. I just don’t understand it.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *